Key Details of Spybot – Search & Destroy for Windows XP
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security and privacy
- Last updated on 07/02/14
- There have been 0 updates within the past 6 months
- The current version has 0 flags on VirusTotal
This is the latest version that supports Windows XP and Vista.
Spybot – Search & Destroy can detect and remove a multitude of adware files and modules from your computer. Spybot also can clean program and Web-usage tracks from your system, which is especially useful if you share your computer. Modules chosen for removal can be sent directly to the included file shredder, ensuring complete elimination from your system. For advanced users, it allows you to fix Registry inconsistencies related to adware and to malicious program installations. The handy online-update feature ensures that Spybot always has the most current and complete listings of adware, dialers, and other uninvited system residents.
What’s new in version 2.4.40
Responding to user reports, we fixed some bugs in Spybot’s Updater:
- problems when bdcore.dll is updated (only Spybot +AV editions)
- for antivirus updates the proxy settings were ignored (only Spybot +AV editions)
- we rephrased the message that is printed when no new updates are available to be more user-friendly
- for users of the Polish translation of Spybot, updating was broken
Release July 1, 2014 Date Added July 2, 2014 Version 2.4.40
Operating Systems Windows, Windows XP, Windows Vista Additional Requirements None
Total Downloads 128,323,989 Downloads Last Week 58