Key Details of Disk Drill
- Safeguard your data and recover files from loss
- Last updated on 10/09/20
- There have been 4 updates within the past 6 months
- The current version has 0 flags on VirusTotal
- Also available on Mac
By CleverFiles Disk Drill is a professional-grade file recovery software program designed to safeguard your data and recover your files from loss. Disk Drill is a free hard drive data recovery app for Windows (it supports XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10). It is a simple and neat app that offers professional-grade recovery tools: Deep and Quick Scans, can search for a lost partition and rebuild file systems. You can recover up to 500MB of lost data for free. Disk Drill supports many file systems: NTFS, FAT, HFS, EXT4, exFAT, or even initialized disks.
Disk Drill’s multiple recovery algorithms include Quick and Deep Scans, Universal Partition Search, and undeletion of protected data. The recovery process is simple, and its progress can be paused, saved and loaded when it’s convenient for you. Disk Drill reads and recovers from any media that can be mounted to your Windows PC: internal or external hard drives, memory cards, cameras, USB flash drives and even some Kindles and iPods.
Once scanning is complete, you are presented with a tree-like list of recoverable items that includes found files and folders, as well as reconstructed files. Disk Drill can easily rebuild hundreds of various file types: documents, pictures, archives, videos and more. Disk Drill is ready to become your trusted hard drive recovery software in any scenario: accidental data deletion, emptied Recycle Bin, virus attack, lost or inaccessible partition, power failure, boot record corruption, etc. Easy-to-use extra features like backup image creation, data protection, and bad sectors management, in combination with a polished user-friendly interface, ensure your satisfaction with our cost-effective do-it-yourself data recovery software.
What’s new in version 4.0.537
- New: better navigation with the updated right-click menu in the disk list
- New: support for disk health monitoring on Intel RST NVMe RAID drives
- New: extended parameters for disk health reports – TRIM, Volatile Write Cache report for NVMe SSD drives, and 4K Sector
- New: several disk health parameters added to S.M.A.R.T. tab for SSD drives – total host reads, total host writes, overall health and life timespan estimates
- New: real-time drive temperature monitoring in the S.M.A.R.T. tab
Release October 9, 2020 Date Added October 9, 2020 Version 4.0.537
Operating Systems Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016 Additional Requirements None
Total Downloads 1,155,811 Downloads Last Week 569